We are open - safety is our top priority!
When your child is taken to the dentist at an early age, it starts him or her on the road to a lifelong habit of good dental hygiene. Regular dental checkups are as important as regular visits to the pediatrician. If you’ve been asking yourself, “Is there a children’s dentist near me,” the answer is yes, there is. Many of our dental group offices have at least one children’s dentist available and we specialize in pediatric dentistry. Call us at (706) 847-4165 to learn more or to set up an appointment.
All of our dedicated dentists are skilled at working with children, they understand that kids’ needs are different than adults’ needs and they’ll do their best to ensure that both the parent and the patient are comfortable. The dentist will provide you with tips and techniques on maintaining the best age-appropriate dental hygiene regimen for your child.
When Should My Child See a Dentist?
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry encourages parents to take their child to a kid’s dentist as soon as the child has a tooth. One tooth can develop a cavity and two teeth can develop decay between them if they’re not properly flossed and maintained. If you need to schedule an appointment with a children’s dentist, call our office in Dalton at (706) 847-4165 and let us help you.
One problem that many pediatric dentists find is baby bottle tooth decay. This occurs because the child is often sent to bed with a bottle or sippy cup full of juice or milk. These substances are high in sugar and acid, which when left on the surface of the teeth for several hours, can encourage decay and the formation of cavities. You should never send your child to bed with a sippy cup or bottle. They should brush their teeth immediately before they go to bed. Call us at (706) 847-4165 if you want more information on this subject.
What’s the Schedule for My Child’s First Dental Visit to Your Office in Dalton?
During your child’s initial visit to our office, a children’s dentist will examine your child’s teeth and gums to determine the overall condition of the teeth and identify any issues that need to be corrected. This examination can be conducted from either the dentist’s chair or your lap, whichever is the most comfortable for your child. Young children usually don’t require any x-rays.
What Dental Care Services Are Available for Children?
Our goal is to provide our patients with access to a qualified children’s dentist in Dalton. We endeavor to encourage your child to return so that he or she can develop a lifelong habit of good dental hygiene. Some of our procedures include:
- Teeth Cleaning: We’re quite adept at getting children to open wide so we can clean their teeth.
- Fluoride Treatments: We can apply a topical fluoride treatment that will cover and then be absorbed by your child’s tooth enamel. This will make the surface less susceptible to decay.
- Dental Sealant: An enamel sealant is a thin, plastic coating that’s applied topically to coat the teeth and prevent cavities.
- Pediatric Crowns: If your child has small fractures or chips on their teeth, they can be repaired with tooth-colored material that will look and function like undamaged teeth.
- Baby Root Canal and Fillings: If one or more of your child’s teeth has a cavity that has gone into the center, we may need to perform a baby root canal or provide a filling in order to save the teeth.
- Sports Mouthguards: The American Dental Association recommends that children who participate in sports of any kind be provided with a sports mouthguard. This is especially true for high contact sports like football, boxing, or hockey, or others. A mouthguard can reduce the risk of broken teeth, loosened teeth, or having a tooth knocked out.
Answers to frequently asked questions:
- How long until my child’s baby teeth appear?
- How long until my child’s baby teeth fall out?
- What causes a toothache in children?
If you’re looking for pediatric dental care in Dalton, call our office and we’ll happily answer all your questions and schedule an appointment for your child. We specialize in dentistry for kids and we always strive to ensure the comfort of you and your child.