We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: June 25, 2015
Your First Visit with Your New Kids Dentist
Seeing a kids dentist regularly is an important part of maintaining good oral health for infants and children. When searching for pediatric dentists, there are a few things to keep in mind. You should be allowed to stay in the treatment room with your child; this makes the visit less traumatic. If your child gets scared or upset during treatment, the dentist should stop working until he or she is calmer. Pay attention to the condition of the clinic. Front offices and treatment rooms should be clean and organized. The dentist and his or her assistants should be wearing protective masks and gloves during procedures.
What to Expect During the First Visit
When you’re satisfied with your choice of dentist, it’s time to prepare for your child’s first dental visit. Here’s what you can expect.
- When first meeting your kids dentist, he or she should be friendly and communicative with your child. Good pediatric dentists will explain each step of the exam process, and introduce the tools he is using.
- Teaching your child to brush is an important part of the visit, and it should be fun. The dentist may use oversized props or puppets to demonstrate how to brush at home with your help.
- Some pediatric dentists perform a cleaning and polishing procedure during the first visit. Your kids dentist should explain and demonstrate the rotary toothbrush, suction device, and spitting cup so that the noises don’t frighten your child.
- During the cleaning process, your child will be given sunglasses or protective eye wear in case of stray toothpaste or water sprays.
- Pediatric dentists often provide a prize or reward at the end of the visit; this gives your child the impression that visiting the dentist is a fun experience, and it makes maintaining oral health for infants and children easier. The prize may be stickers, crayons or small toys.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Dalton, call today at or make an appointment.
offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Dalton. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .