Drs. Grant and Conger
602 Main Street, Dalton, GA 30720
White, shiny teeth, healthy gums, fresh breath, and the luxury of smiling and laughing with confidence—who doesn’t want all that? Gum disease and tooth decay can rob you of these pleasures, especially if you don’t recognize the importance of brushing teeth daily and the proper way to brush teeth. It seems like a simple habit, one without need for a refresher course, but like many things that are done day after day, meeting the optimal standards doesn’t always happen in midst of living life.
You can ensure that your smile and laugh stay beautiful day after day and year after year with these tips for the proper way to brush teeth:
1. Divide the mouth into quadrants, spending 30 seconds thoroughly brushing each area on all sides. You should brush for at least two minutes.
2. Floss before brushing, at least once every day. This will loosen food particles between teeth and allow your toothpaste to get more easily in between the teeth.
3. Brush at least twice a day—and preferably between meals, too—to reduce the buildup of bacteria, plaque, and tartar.
4. Use an ADA-approved soft-bristled toothbrush. If your child has baby teeth, choose a toothbrush designed for children. Adults may prefer an electric toothbrush.
5. Choose an ADA-approved toothpaste. When selecting toothpaste for a child, find a brand formulated for kids. Do not use more than a pea-sized amount, if any toothpaste at all, for children under six.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Dalton, call today at or make an appointment.
offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Dalton. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .