We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: July 22, 2015
How Tongue Cleaning Licks Your Dental Problems
Tongue cleaning has a long history as a daily detox regimen in Ayurvedic and yogic practices. But now it’s becoming a common method for cleaning a white tongue, as well as maintaining good dental health. Find out how to practice proper tongue cleaning.
Why Tongue Cleaning Will Make You Smile
Tongue cleaning takes very little time and makes a big difference in your dental health, medical state, and overall appearance. Some of the benefits of this cleaning routine include:
- Removes the bacteria and toxins that result in a white tongue.
- Makes the tongue look very clean by eliminating the unattractive coating of a white tongue.
- Cleans both the tongue and the entire mouth to reduce the risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Gets rid of bad breath.
- Improves your sense of taste.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Improves digestion.
- Provides an attractive and healthy smile.
Simple Steps of Tongue Cleaning
It’s best to use a tongue cleaner first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, in order to remove the bacteria and white coating that may have built up overnight. Tongue cleaning can be performed once or twice a day, depending on whether the white coating returns before the next morning. To use a tongue cleaner, follow these trusted tips:
- Before using the tongue cleaner, rinse it well with fresh water.
- Stick out your tongue and hold the edges of the tongue cleaner with your index finger and thumb.
- Hold the back, rounded part of tongue cleaner against the back of the tongue.
- Gently pull the tongue cleaner forward to skim off the bacteria and toxins that cause a white tongue.
- Pull the tongue cleaner over your tongue as many times as needed to clean the entire surface of the tongue.
- When you’re done, rinse the tongue cleaner with liquid soap and cold water.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Dalton, call today at or make an appointment.
offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Dalton. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .