We are open - safety is our top priority!
A Guide to Eating with Dentures
One of the greatest joys of dentures is rediscovering the joy of food. Remember those thick steaks, crunchy snacks, and gooey goodies that were a challenge to chew? Now you can bring back these favorites, but you may need to learn some simple tips on how to eat them with ease.
When you first start wearing your new, affordable quality dentures, chewing will feel different and you may fear that your dentures will slip when you’re eating. These concerns are normal, so with patience and practice and you’ll soon be eating everything once again.
These dental care hints will help you get comfortable with eating when you first get your new dentures:
- Eat soft foods at first, and as you get comfortable, start adding crunchy and chewy foods.
- Cut your food into small pieces and take little bites as you adjust to your dentures.
- Chew foods slowly and chew on both sides of your mouth to even out the pressure on your dentures.
- Taste hot foods and sip hot beverages carefully to avoid burning your mouth.
- If you eat firm or sticky foods, you may want to use a denture adhesive so your new teeth feel more secure.
Eating will get easier when you get used to wearing dentures. If it’s still difficult after a couple of weeks, see an affordable dentist in Dalton who can advise you on how to enjoy eating again.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Dalton, call today at or make an appointment.
offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Dalton. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .