Smile-Inspiring Denture Care Tips for Seniors
Affordable quality dentures can help seniors live fuller lives, but you must care for dental dentures properly. People who wear them are more likely to suffer from malnutrition and weight loss when their dentures don’t allow them to chew certain foods such as protein-rich meats. If you are a caregiver for an elderly person with dentures, you need to know how to help maintain his or her oral and general health. Making sure that dentures fit and function properly is one way to do that. Observing the following denture care tips for seniors can help.
Essential Denture Care Tips for Seniors:
- Clean dental dentures every day with a soft-bristled denture brush.
- Hot water can warp dentures; use only cold or lukewarm water when cleaning.
- Place a towel in the sink to avoid damaging dentures or partials if you drop them.
- Remove and rinse dentures after meals.
- Never use regular toothpaste or bleach on dentures.
- Be sure to remove denture adhesives completely, and use only the minimum amount needed to keep them in place.
- Ultrasonic cleaners can be effective, but they don’t replace daily brushing.
- When dentures are not worn, store them in a container with water to keep them moist.
Solving Problems Related to Dental Dentures
Affordable quality dentures can improve the overall health of many seniors, but they’re not always trouble-free. If a denture breaks or suddenly becomes painful, don’t try to fix or adjust it yourself. Do-it-yourself repairs often cause irreparable damage. When a senior in your care complains of ill-fitting dentures, denture pain, or chewing problems, take them to a dentist promptly for professional care. With consistent maintenance, affordable quality dentures can help make the golden years healthy and fun.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Dalton, call Drs. Grant and Conger today at (706) 847-4165 or make an appointment.
Drs. Grant and Conger offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Dalton. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Drs. Grant and Conger, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Drs. Grant and Conger.