Parents’ Guide to Improving their Children’s Oral Health
One of the most significant gifts parents can give their children is an understanding of the important role oral health plays in their overall well-being. Fostering a set of positive dental care habits while kids are still young sets the stage for an entire life of positive behaviors. Since February is National Children’s Dental Health Month and many family dentistry professionals are hosting Give Kids A Smile program events in their communities, now is the time for parents everywhere to brush up on what they need to do to ensure that their children have healthy teeth and gums.
By following these simple steps, you can keep your children’s teeth and gums in great shape.
- Children should brush their teeth twice a day with an ADA-approved toothpaste. This will remove plaque that is a primary cause of dangerous tooth decay.
- Flossing each day will help to remove food particles that can evolve into tartar, which that can be removed only by a dental care professional.
- Schedule routine appointments with your family dentistry practitioner for examinations and cleanings.
- Encourage healthy eating habits that not only nourish the body, but also help keep the teeth and gums in prime condition.
- Limit between-meal snacking.
- Avoid excessive amounts of sugary and starchy foods to reduce plaque accumulation.
Since February is National Children’s Dental Health Month (NCDHM), the oral health and dental care habits of children throughout the U.S. are taking center stage. This initiative of the ADA provides children, parents, caregivers, and educators with resources designed to foster better dental care and stronger relationships with family dentistry professionals. By offering these educational materials, informative classroom activity guides, and fun activity pages for children, the ADA hopes to increase awareness and improve children’s dental health nationwide.
Participating dentists who also choose to host Give Kids A Smile program events in their communities during the month of February will be making an extra contribution to the oral health of area youth in need.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Dalton, call Drs. Grant and Conger today at (706) 847-4165 or make an appointment.
Drs. Grant and Conger offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Dalton. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Drs. Grant and Conger, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Drs. Grant and Conger.